Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day

I was in Hallmark and read this card that said, "Happy Father's Day from the person who made you a father". It made me start thinking that being a father (or a mother) is the one job in this world that you absolutely can't do without the presence of another person - your child. So I guess this post is dedicated to Jason - the Father, from Penny - the person who made him a father.

Jason asked for one thing on Father's Day: a nice relaxing atmosphere, and a place to take a long nap. I'm a pretty lucky wife to only have to fulfill those two wishes...and what better place to make those things happen then at Grammy and Grampy's house. Us ladies got to cook, clean up, and entertain Penny, and the 2 Daddies in the house got to eat, relax, and take a nice long snooze.

I think my camera must have been on hiatus, because the ONLY pictures I have from Father's Day are from breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, I asked Jason what he wanted for breakfast (i.e. pancakes and bacon served in bed...), and he replied with, "cereal is fine". Um, ok, Jason you have ONE time a year to get a special breakfast, and you want cereal??? So the least I could do was dress it up a little by adding raspberries and blueberries. Ah, the simple tastes of life...





So Happy Father's Day to all the Daddies that we know. If any of you are half as good of a father as Jason is to Penny, there are lots and lots of lucky, well loved kids out there.

No comments: